Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Game Plan ~ NETS-T

In considering the ISTE- NETS-T (for teachers, http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers/nets-for-teachers-2008.aspx), I found several areas I felt confident in.  In contemplating areas I wanted to develop more confidence in, I have chosen these two areas of the NETS-T:


#1: Facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity: promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students' conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes.

#2: Designs and Develops Digital-Age Experiences: develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress.

G: My goal: to develop confidence in the two areas listen above. 

A:These are the following actions I will take to meet goals:

·      1. research each area online to find other teacher/schools who have dealt with the same difficulties
·      2. read articles addressing the areas of weaknesses
·      3. talk with other teachers within my district to determine how they pursue fulfilling these two areas of concerns I desire to grow confident in.  

M: How I will monitor progress towards the achievement of my goals:
·      1. journal about conversations, contacts, articles read, anything dealing with my learning about these two areas.
·      2. write down questions and concerns of implementing these goals.
·      3. find teachers to discuss these concerns with.

E: How I will evaluate whether goals were achieved; extend learning to new situations:
·      1. my evaluation of whether or not I have achieved my goals will be determined through an analysis rubric based upon this game plan
·      2. evaluation will also be determined by growth of students as they implement my new learning and development of my goals.  

5 comments:

Ms. Shafer's Big Backyard said...

I think you will accomplish a large portion of your GAME plan because you identified a necessary component for increasing the success rate of implementation. You pointed out that you will note questions and seek out answers. That you will look for help and advice from peers that are informed on the uses of technology. Good job!

FrmKATripp said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Melody! One of the hardest parts of asking questions is finding sources that specifically can help you answer your questions. This is where I feel I am. Many answers I find are getting answered through my colleagues on line and not necessarily those I come in contact every day. I am excited that I thought about one resource within my district that may be able to help me, so I'll definitely get in contact with her!

Kim said...

I love your main action -- to seek out other teachers who have encountered similar situations. The great thing about the internet is that their are so many resources already available!

SusanKraussBlog said...

Hi Kitty,
I enjoyed your posting. I think your focus on connecting with other teachers--with exploration--will help move you toward completing your goals.
I learn so much from sharing with colleagues--and this can also be great for building confidence as they share what works, what was difficult, etc. The online world opens up a whole set of exciting possibilities for connecting.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Kitty you thoughtfully explained each action in your plan, which will help you once you put it into play. The areas where you feel you need additional support in are very important in technology. It seems as though with your plan, it will be a success!